Table of Contents
In the world of Indian Railways, securing a Tatkal ticket can often feel like winning a battle. The demand for these tickets is sky-high, and the available seats are limited. As soon as the booking window opens, it seems like all the tickets vanish into thin air. Many people end up with waiting tickets when booking through the IRCTC website. But don’t worry; we’ve got some clever tricks up our sleeve to help you secure a confirmed Tatkal ticket, every time.
Understanding the Tatkal Ticket Rush during Diwali
During the Diwali festival, there’s a surge in passengers at railway stations and bus terminals. Due to the high demand for reserved railway tickets, many passengers opt for private vehicles, which often come with hefty price tags. As the regular reservation quota fills up quickly, passengers turn to the Tatkal ticket option.
Securing a Tatkal ticket is a race against time. With hordes of passengers vying for a limited number of tickets, especially when booking online, it can feel nearly impossible to get a confirmed instant ticket.
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Time Slots
To give you a fighting chance, it’s crucial to understand the Tatkal booking schedule. The booking window for AC class opens at 10:00 AM, while for non-AC classes, you can book tickets from 11:00 AM onwards. This knowledge can be your ticket to success.
Prepare a Master List in Advance
One major time-consuming aspect of Tatkal booking is entering passenger details. By the time you fill in names, ages, genders, and other information, the available seats might already be booked. To save precious time, create a master list in advance on the IRCTC website.
- Go to the “My Profile” section on IRCTC.
- Click on “Add/Modify Master List.”
- Enter passenger details, including names, ages, genders, seats, senior citizen status, and ID card numbers. You can add up to 20 passengers.
- The next time you book a ticket on IRCTC, you’ll find the option “My Saved Passenger(s) List” on the passenger details page. This will automatically populate the passenger information, saving you time and increasing your chances of securing a confirmed ticket.
Opt for OTP-Free Payment Gateways
When booking a Tatkal ticket through IRCTC, you’ll need to make the payment online, either through internet banking or cards. However, the OTP verification process can introduce delays during payment, potentially affecting your chances of securing a ticket. To streamline the process, consider using OTP-free payment gateways like Railway e-wallet, Paytm, and UPI. This can make a significant difference in your booking success.
Utilize IRCTC Tatkal Automation Tool
To further enhance your chances of securing a Tatkal ticket, you can turn to the IRCTC Tatkal Automation Tool. This handy tool streamlines the booking process by automatically filling in data such as names, ages, genders, and booking dates as soon as the booking goes live.
Here’s how to use it:
- Download the IRCTC Tatkal Automation Tool from your Chrome browser.
- Log in to your IRCTC account.
- Pre-fill all necessary data, including the date of booking and passenger details.
- When booking Tatkal tickets, simply click the “Load Data” option to instantly retrieve all your saved data.
- Complete the payment process and book your tickets hassle-free.
With these tricks at your disposal, you can significantly boost your chances of securing a confirmed Tatkal ticket. Remember, Tatkal bookings can get competitive, so having the right tools and strategies in place can make all the difference. Now, you can travel with peace of mind, knowing that your ticket is confirmed, even during the busiest travel seasons. Happy journey!