Table of Contents
Ind Vs Eng Test Series 2024
Ind Vs Eng Test Series 2024: In a surprising turn of events, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced the 15-member squad for the first two Test matches against England, scheduled for later this month. The big revelation is the inclusion of uncapped wicketkeeper-batsman Dhruv Jurel, who has received the nod ahead of more seasoned players. Notably, Ishan Kishan has been dropped from the squad, adding to the unexpected developments.
Indian Squad For Ind Vs Eng Test Series 2024
The squad, led by veteran batter Rohit Sharma with Jasprit Bumrah as the vice-captain, includes a mix of experienced players and fresh talents. KL Rahul and KS Bharat have been retained as wicketkeeping options, providing depth to the team for the upcoming five-match Test series, set to kick off on January 25.
India squad for first two tests against England
Rohit Sharma (captain), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, KS Bharat, Dhruv Jurel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Avesh Khan.
You can also read: MOST POWERFUL PASSPORT 2024: INDIA’S POSITION AND GLOBAL STANDINGS!
India Vs England Test 2024: Spin Dominance in the Bowling Arsenal
India’s strategy for the first two tests revolves around spin dominance, as they have named four spinners in the squad—Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, and Kuldeep Yadav. While Ashwin and Jadeja are seasoned campaigners, Axar Patel and Kuldeep Yadav make a comeback after being absent from the recent South Africa series.
India Vs England Test Series: Batting Responsibilities
With the likes of Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, and Shreyas Iyer, the batting lineup seems robust. The inclusion of Dhruv Jurel is a notable move, and all eyes will be on the young talent as India aims to outshine a formidable England side.
Ind Vs Eng Test Series 2024 Venues
The first two Tests are scheduled to be played in Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam, promising exciting cricketing action. The series will then move to Rajkot for the third Test. This brings back memories of England’s challenging tour of India in 2021, where they struggled against the turning ball, particularly in the performances of Ashwin and Patel who combined to take 60 wickets.
Dhruv Jurel: A Rising Star
Dhruv Jurel, named India’s vice-captain in the 2020 Under-19 World Cup, has been making waves in domestic cricket. The 22-year-old from Uttar Pradesh made his First-Class debut in the 2022 Ranji Trophy against Vidarbha, showcasing his potential with 790 runs in 15 FC games, including a century and five fifties.
IPL Journey and Rajasthan Royals Retention
Jurel entered the IPL stage with Rajasthan Royals in 2022, securing his place with a base price of INR 20 lakhs. His IPL debut came in 2023, playing 13 matches for the Royals and accumulating 152 runs at an impressive strike rate of 172.72. His retention for IPL 2024 by RR highlights the promise he holds in the T20 format.
In conclusion, the inclusion of Dhruv Jurel adds an element of surprise to India’s squad for the first two Tests against England. With a blend of experience and emerging talent, the team aims to continue its dominance on home soil. Cricket enthusiasts eagerly await the action-packed series, set to unfold on January 25.
- Why was Ishan Kishan dropped from the squad?
- The specific reasons for Ishan Kishan’s exclusion have not been disclosed, but the BCCI made the decision based on team dynamics and requirements.
- What is the significance of the spin-dominated bowling lineup?
- India’s choice of four spinners indicates a strategic approach, leveraging home conditions that are expected to favor spin bowling.
- How has Dhruv Jurel performed in domestic cricket?
- Dhruv Jurel has showcased his potential in domestic cricket, scoring 790 runs in 15 First-Class games, including a century and five fifties.
- What is the historical context of England’s last tour to India in 2021?
- In 2021, England struggled against spin, particularly in the performances of Ashwin and Patel, who took a combined 60 wickets.
- Why is Mohammed Shami not part of the squad for the first two Tests?
- Mohammed Shami is recovering from an ankle problem and is expected to join the squad later in the series.