Table of Contents
Mega Block on Konkan Railway
The festive season of Diwali is just around the corner, and many people are gearing up for their holiday travels. However, for those planning to take the Konkan Railway route on November 09 and 10, there’s a significant disruption that could affect your journey. The Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) has announced a mega block on Konkan Railway for maintenance of its assets during this period, leading to changes in the train schedules and routes. Let’s dive into the details of how this mega block on Konkan Railway will impact passengers.
November 09, 2023 - Mega Block Between Kumta and Bhatkal
On November 9, 2023, a mega block is scheduled between the Kumta and Bhatkal section. This block will be in effect from 12:00 hours to 15:00 hours, lasting for a total of three hours. The repercussions of this mega block will be felt by several train services. Here’s what you need to know:
- Train no. 16585 Sir M. Visvesvaraya Terminal Bengaluru – Murdeshwar Express: If you planned to travel on this train commencing on November 8, 2023, please note that it will be short-terminated at Bhatkal station and partially cancelled between Bhatkal and Murdeshwar sections.
- Train no. 16586 Murdeshwar – Sir M. Visvesvaraya Terminal Bengaluru Express: For passengers planning to board this train on November 9, 2023, it will be short-originated from Bhatkal station at its scheduled time and partially cancelled between Murdeshwar and Bhatkal sections.
- Train no. 22114 Kochuveli – Lokmanya Tilak (T) Express: This train’s journey commencing on November 9, 2023, will be regulated for 20 minutes at Bhatkal station.
November 10, 2023 - Mega Block Between Ratnagiri and Vaibhavwadi Road
The disruptions continue into November 10, 2023, with a mega block scheduled between the Ratnagiri and Vaibhavwadi Road section. This block will be in effect from 08:30 hours to 11:00 hours, lasting for a total of two and a half hours. Here’s how this mega block will impact train services:
- Train no. 16346 Thiruvananthapuram Central – Lokmanya Tilak (T) “Netravati” Express: For passengers on this train commencing on November 9, 2023, be prepared for a 2.5-hour regulation between Udupi and Kankavali section.
- Train no. 10106 Sawantwadi Road – Diva Jn. Express: This train’s journey commencing on November 10, 2023, will be regulated for 30 minutes between Sawantwadi Road and Kankavali station.
- Train no. 12051 Mumbai CSMT – Madgaon Jn. Janshatabdi Express: Passengers on this train commencing on November 10, 2023, can expect a 10-minute regulation at Ratnagiri station.
While these scheduled mega blocks are necessary for maintaining the safety and efficiency of the railway assets, they can cause inconvenience to passengers during the busy festive season. It’s advisable for travelers to plan their journeys accordingly, considering the revised schedules and routes.
You can read press release by KRCL on the link : Mega Block Press Release
Mumbai CSMT-Madgaon Vande Bharat Express Expansion
In more positive news for travelers, the Mumbai CSMT Madgaon Vande Bharat Express has recently expanded its operations. This high-speed train is now running six days a week, offering passengers a faster and more convenient option for their journey. This expansion, which began on November 1, comes just in time for the festive season, making it easier for travelers to plan their trips. Additionally, the travel time has been significantly reduced from 10 hours to a mere 7 hours and 45 minutes, making it an attractive choice for passengers.
You can read more on this news such as timings, halts, fare of Mumbai CSMT – Madgaon Vande Bharat Express and more in our article : Mumbai CSMT Madgaon Vande Bharat Express Expands Mumbai-Goa Services to Six Days a Week!
You can also read: