Table of Contents
IMD Forecasts Dense Fog and Severe Cold Conditions Across North India
IMD Forecasts Dense Fog and Severe Cold Conditions: The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an update predicting the continuation of dense to very dense fog and cold day to severe cold day conditions over North India for the next four days. Additionally, severe cold wave conditions are expected to persist over the plains of Northwest India during the same period.
IMD Weather Forecast For Jan 18
Rainfall Prediction For Jan 18
IMD anticipates light to moderate rainfall in specific regions, including Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, West Bengal, Sikkim, and Northeast India on January 18.
Temperature Trends For Next Five Days
- A rise in minimum temperatures by approximately 2°C is expected over Northwest India, with no significant change thereafter.
- East India is likely to experience a rise in minimum temperatures by 2-4°C, with no significant change thereafter.
- The rest of the country is expected to witness no significant change in minimum temperatures over the next five days.
Cold Wave Conditions in Punjab, Haryana, and Chandigarh
- Punjab, Haryana, and Chandigarh are expected to face severe cold day conditions on January 18-19, with cold day conditions continuing in some parts on January 20-21.
- West Uttar Pradesh will likely experience severe cold day conditions on January 18, with cold day conditions prevailing in isolated pockets on January 19-21.
- Northwest Madhya Pradesh is anticipated to face severe cold day conditions on January 18-19.
- Isolated pockets of Bihar (January 17-21) and Rajasthan (January 18) are expected to witness cold day conditions.
IMD Fog Prediction Update
- Very Dense Fog:
- East Uttar Pradesh is expected to witness very dense fog conditions until January 19.
- Uttarakhand is likely to experience very dense fog on January 18.
- North Rajasthan (January 18-20), North Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura (January 18-19), and Himachal Pradesh (January 18) are forecasted to have dense fog conditions.
Transportation Disruptions: Train and Flight Delays
Delhi Train Delayed Due to Fog
IMD Forecasts Dense Fog and Severe Cold Conditions: Several trains heading to Delhi are running late due to dense fog conditions, causing inconvenience to passengers. Notable delays include the Jammu Tawi-New Delhi Rajdhani Express, Bangalore-Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express, and Bhubneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express.
Delhi Flight Delayed / Cancelled Due to Fog
Dense fog in the national capital, Delhi, continues to impact flight schedules, leading to delays and cancellations. Passengers are advised to stay updated on the status of their flights as weather conditions persist.