Table of Contents
For decades, the suburban train network in Mumbai has been hailed as the lifeline of the city. It’s been the preferred mode of transportation for Mumbaikars. However, there’s a particular time when train travel is put on hold, from 1 am to 4 am. During this period, essential railway repair and maintenance work is carried out, including track repairs, signal updates, and other technical adjustments. But the standard timemframe isn’t always sufficient to complete these tasks.
To address this challenge, railway employees and officials have implemented a solution – ‘mega block on Sundays’. These mega blocks are vital for maintaining the local train network.
Mega Block On Sunday 19th November 2023
CENTRAL LINE Mega Block on Sunday 19th November
Central Line has announced Mega Block on Sunday 19th November between CSTM to Vidyavihar Up and Dn Slow Lines.
Time: 10:55 AM to 3:55 PM
Dn slow services leaving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus from 10.48 am to 3.49 pm will be diverted on Dn fast line between Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and Vidyavihar stations, will halt at Byculla, Parel, Dadar, Matunga, Sion and Kurla stations and further rediverted on Dn slow line.
Up slow services leaving Ghatkopar from 10.41 am to 3.52 pm will be diverted on Up fast line between Vidyavihar and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and will halt at Kurla, Sion, Matunga, Dadar, Parel and Byculla stations. Press Release..
HARBOUR LINE Mega Block on Sunday 19th November
Harbour Line has announced Mega Block on Sunday between CSTM to Chunabhatti / Bandra
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus – Chunabhatti / Bandra Dn harbour line from 11.40 am to 4.40 pm &
Chunabhatti / Bandra- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Up harbour line from 11.10 am to 4.10 pm
During this block period, local services on harbour line between following routes remain cancelled:
- Dn Harbour line services to Vashi /Belapur/Panvel leaving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus / Vadala Road from 11.16 am to 4.47 pm and Dn Harbour line services to Bandra/Goregaon leaving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus from 10.48 am to 4.43 pm will remain suspended.
- Up Harbour line services for Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus leaving Panvel/Belapur/Vashi from 9.53 am to 3.20 pm and Up Harbour line services for Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus leaving Goregaon/ Bandra from 10.45 am to 5.13 pm will remain suspended.
Special train services during block period:
Special services will run between Panvel and Kurla (Platform No.8) during the block period.
Harbour line passengers are permitted to travel via Main Line and Western Railway from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm during block period.
These maintenance mega blocks are essential for infrastructure upkeep and safety. Passengers are requested to bear with the Railway Administration for the inconvenience caused.
WESTERN LINE Mega Block on Sunday 19th November
No Block during day time on 19.11.2023
Western Railway Night Jumbo Block of Four Hours on 19th November
To carry out maintenance work of tracks, overhead and signalling equipment, a Jumbo Block of Four Hours will be taken on 6th line from 23:30 hrs to 03:30 hrs and from 00:30 hrs to 4:30 hrs on 5th line between Santacruz and Goregaon stations on the intervening night Saturday/Sunday, i.e. on 18th/19th November 2023.
You can also read:
- Konkan Railway Christmas Special Train: Good News For Konkan Railway Passengers in Christmas / Winter 2023! Read Here..
- Indian Railways News: Indian Railways to Introduce 3,000 New Trains, Boosting Passenger Capacity to 1,000 Crore in 5 Years!!
- Navi Mumbai Metro: Exciting News!! Navi Mumbai’s First Metro Line Rolls into Action Today!
- Good News For Railway Passengers: Now You Can Transfer Your Train Tickets to Another Person! Know How…