Table of Contents
The Vande Bharat Special Express, India’s first semi-high-speed train, is now connecting New Delhi and Patna, marking the beginning of its operations on November 11, 2023. Designed for efficiency, this state-of-the-art train covers the 1000 km distance in just 11 hours and 35 minutes, making it the second-fastest train on this route, after the New Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express and the New Delhi-Howrah Duronto Express.
Vande Bharat Special Express: First Long Distance Train
- Breaking barriers, the Vande Bharat Express is India’s first long-distance (i.e., more than 900 km) semi-high-speed train, offering an optimal blend of speed and convenience has commenced the operation from 11th November 2023.
- Tailored for the festive season, the train caters to the needs of passengers heading to their hometowns for Diwali and Chhath Puja celebrations.
- Initially introduced as a special train, the Vande Bharat Express aims to become a regular feature in the future, ensuring consistent and reliable connectivity.
Vande Bharat Special Train: New Delhi and Patna
Vande Bharat Special Express train will cover a distance of 1000 km between New Delhi and Patna in just 11 hours and 35 minutes, making it the second fastest train on the route after the New Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express and the New Delhi-Howrah Duronto Express. It should also be noted that both trains cover the same distance in 11:55 hrs and 12:15 hrs, respectively.
Special Delhi-Patna Vande Bharat Express: Running Days
- Departing from New Delhi on November 11, 14, and 16, and making its return journey from Patna Junction on November 12, 15, and 17, 2023.
- This strategic schedule caters to varied travel plans, providing flexibility for passengers.
- The train is specially scheduled considering festive season of Diwali & Chhat Puja.
Delhi-Patna Special Vande Bharat Express Timings
- Departure from New Delhi at 7:25 AM and arrival at Patna Junction at 7:00 PM.
- Return journey departure from Patna Junction at 7:30 AM, reaching New Delhi at 7:00 PM.
- These timings ensure a balance between an early start and a comfortable arrival time.
Vande Bharat Express Delhi-Patna Halts
- The Vande Bharat Express makes stops at key stations, including Kanpur Central, Prayagraj Junction, DD Upadhyaya Junction, Buxar, and Ara Junction, facilitating convenient boarding and alighting.
Vande Bharat Express Special Coach Arrangements
- Comprising 16 coaches, the Vande Bharat Express provides travelers with two seating options: AC Chair Car (CC) and Executive Chair Car (EC).
- This diversity caters to the varied preferences and requirements of passengers.
Vande Bharat Express: In Brief
First Vande Bharat Express between New Delhi and Varanasi was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 15th February 2019.
Vande Bharat Express is truly modern types of trains that are owned by India. The passengers have the option to book CC (Chair Car) or ECC (Executive Chair Car). It offers airline-style seating arrangements with rotatable seats for comfort and convenience. With on-board catering, it has facility to deliver nourishment throughout the journey. All coached with large windows allows passengers to enjoy scenic beauty while traveling. For entertainment & infotainment purpose free onboard Wi-Fi is provided along with electric outlets and reading lights for those who prefer to read or work.
You can book tickets of Vande Bharat Express on IRCTC website.
You can also read:
- Vande Bharat Express : Route List, Time-Table, Ticket booking, Facilities, Fare, Speed
- Vande Bharat Express: The Fastest Train in India’s History!!
- Introducing the Vande Sadharan Train: Your Affordable and Comfortable Travel Option
- Mumbai CSMT Madgaon Vande Bharat Express Expands Mumbai-Goa Services to Six Days a Week!