Table of Contents
Government Clarifies No Initiative Yet
Link Aadhaar Card with Voter ID: In a recent update, Law Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal informed the Lok Sabha that the process of linking Aadhaar details with voter identity cards has not commenced. This revelation was made in response to a Lok Sabha query, emphasizing that no specific targets have been set for this linkage. Let’s delve into the details and understand the government’s stance on linking Aadhaar with Voter ID.
Link Aadhaar Card with Voter ID: Government’s Stand
Law Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal clarified that the linking of Aadhaar with electoral photo identity cards is a process-driven initiative. Importantly, no specific targets have been outlined for this linkage, providing a clearer picture of the government’s approach to this integration.
Link Aadhaar to Voter ID Last Date
“The Election Commission of India has informed that linking of Aadhar with EPIC has not yet started. Further, the time period to submit Form 6B has been extended for a period of one year,” mentioned Law Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal. The extension until the end of March 2024 allows citizens more time to voluntarily submit Form 6B for linking Aadhaar with Voter ID.
Meghwal highlighted that obtaining consent from the elector for Aadhaar authentication in Form 6B remains a voluntary process. Additionally, he assured that the names of individuals whose identity cards remain separate have not been removed from the voters’ list.
Addressing Concerns on Voter ID Separate from Aadhaar
Responding to a query from Congress MP Pradyut Bordoloi, Meghwal assured that individuals opting to keep their identity cards separate haven’t faced any consequences. The Election Commission of India, entrusted with the responsibility under Article 324 of the Constitution for the preparation of electoral rolls, ensures the maintenance of data with a multi-layered security architecture.
Recent Developments and Government Initiatives
The revelation follows the government’s announcement of plans to create a unique identifier linked to Aadhaar cards to safeguard the rights of migrant workers. This identifier will be integrated into the e-Shram database and made mandatory for building and construction workers across the country.
How to Link Voter ID with Aadhaar: Step-by-Step Guide
While the process of linking Aadhaar with Voter ID is yet to begin, citizens can familiarize themselves with the steps involved when the initiative is rolled out. Here’s a comprehensive guide:
Link Aadhaar Card with Voter ID Through National Voter Service Portal (NVSP)
- Visit the NVSP or Voters’ Service Portal and click on ‘Forms.’
- If registered, log in with your mobile number, password, and captcha code. For new users, register by entering the required details.
- Click on ‘Form 6B,’ select the state and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.
- Enter personal details, OTP, Aadhaar number, and click ‘Submit.’
Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card Through SMS
Send an SMS to 166 OR 51969 in the format: ECILINK<SPACE><EPIC No.><SPACE><Aadhaar No.>
Link Aadhaar Card with Voter ID Through Phone Call
Call 1950 on weekdays between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and provide Voter ID and Aadhaar card information for linking.
Offline Link Voter ID to Aadhaar Card
Submit an application to your Booth Level Officer (BLO) for offline linking. BLO will verify the information, and upon confirmation, it will reflect in the records.
Link Aadhaar Card with Voter ID Through Voter Helpline App:
- Download the Voter Helpline App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Select ‘Voter Registration,’ then ‘Electoral Authentication Form (Form 6B).’
- Enter the mobile number linked to Aadhaar, OTP, Voter ID, and Aadhaar details.
- Confirm the submission of Form 6B, and receive a reference number for tracking the application status.
As the government gears up for the Aadhaar-Voter ID linkage, citizens can stay informed about the process and be prepared to undertake the linking when officially initiated.
You can also read:
- RBI Boosts UPI Transaction Limit for Hospitals and Educational Institutions to 5 Lakhs!
- Don’t Miss These 5 Money Deadlines in December 2023! Unlock Financial Opportunities Now!
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme in India 2023: Price, Interest Rate, Benefits, How To Buy Online..